Monday, November 1, 2010

WRITERS BLOCK 2 - RECESS IS OVER


I have been gone for a minute and it is starting to feel like an eternity, feels good to be back before you had the chance to miss me. Did you guys really think I wasn’t coming back? Think again!!! I just wanted to see what my contemporaries will do without me. As it turns out, they are nothing without me. So now I can do anyhow unto say nobody fit challenge me.
I went from site to site, blog to blog and it is clear to see that these dudes are miles behind me, in fact I am about to pass them twice. When I say writers block, it doesn’t mean that I don’t have anything to write or say. It means I have so much to say but so little time to say it. The other day I was thinking of writing an apology to my blog but I only got as far as “if I wasn’t married to my day job, it would be you”, I think that will suffice.
A lot of stuff has been going down while I was away (more like on leave), Terry G having an accident after an altercation with Side One (I think I missed that), Kel absconding from Capital (everyone saw that one coming), and the overly overhyped ruggedman vs 9ice beef, that I am not interested in discussing (yet). I heard from a reliable source that Ikechukwu was kicked out of mohits for being too parasitic (whatever that means), in short we ain’t getting that alliance album anytime soon.
Truth be told, the first time I heard Tuface’s “only me” (which wasn’t too long ago, believe it or not), I kept wondering who it was that could have oppressed Tu baba so much that he will make a song about it (now I know better), I mean it is Tu “DADDY” we are talking about here, the father of many children (at least he has something to be proud of). When you look at the naija music industry, you will be hard pressed to find any artiste richer (don’t mention Naeto C) or more famous (Including D’banj & P square) than Tuface Idibia. I am not going to jump to conclusions on this one because Mikel Obi just doesn’t strike me as a proud dude, so I will wait till I hear both sides of the story which will probably be when Mikel decides to release his album or Tuface goes on trial with a London club (where he might stand a chance of scoring an actual goal) and make his statement on the pitch. Until then the scores stands at 1-0 in favor of the super eagles’ captain-in-waiting.
Before I go on, I have a confession to make. I am increasingly finding it difficult to wrap my mind around anything that has to do with naija music (blame it on D’banj’s endowed and all the artistes that featured on Obesere’s supposedly hip hop album). The quality of naija music is steadily declining and most songs on the radio these days are uninspiring.  There are a lot of songs/albums out there that I won’t even listen to unless I was paid to (Trust me; money can make any music bearable). Looks to me like 9jahiphop is dying, before it reaches ICU, I will be onto the next one.
Don’t sleep on me homies, your boy don’t play, recess is OVER……………………………………………………………

No comments:

Post a Comment